The British Psychological Society's Annual Conference 2015
Before the 2015 Annual Conference, we created a special digital edition comprising archive articles from speakers at the event.
Reports from the talks in Liverpool have been appearing on our site since the event, and are included (with extras) in the July issue. Here we collect links to that coverage:
- Beyond the average adolescent: Professor Sarah-Jayne Blakemore's opening keynote.
- Reproducing an impact: Professor Susan Golombok.
- The shortest distance between us: Professor Sophie Scott on laughter.
- Thinking in public: the Public Engagement and Media Award, with Dr Vaughan Bell and Dr Tom Stafford.
- Better living through fashion: a symposium led by Dr Carolyn Mair.
- Is text messaging better than loud hailers and church bells? Planning for civil emergencies.
- And now for something completely different… A symposium led by researchers from Leeds Beckett University.
- A discourse around death - symposium on end of life care.
- Long-term impact of the New Zealand earthquakes.
- Toward Gross National Wellbeing - reporting on Professor Sir Cary Cooper's keynote (ONLINE ONLY).
- Making the most of the supervisory journey.
- Alcohol research in the bar lab and beyond (ONLINE ONLY).
- Food - can we fight temptation? (ONLINE ONLY).
- Citizens at war: Professor Edgar Jones on air raids, terrorism and the crowd.
- Everything you know about psychology is wrong (with added Beatles game…)
Many more reports are included in the July issue, including Professor Dorothy Miell's Presidential Address; Richard Crisp's keynote; the Book Award lecture from Dave Harper, John Cromby and Paula Reavey; Dr Ben Harkin on the psychology of debt; happiness in Bolton; a symposium on applying social psychology to contemporary society; the Award for Promoting Equality of Opportunity; Tali Sharot on optimism; the Outstanding Doctoral Research Award; and behaviour change.
Your reporters were Dr Emma L. Davies (Oxford Brookes University), Professor Gail Kinman (University of Bedfordshire), Dr Alana James (Royal Holloway, University of London), Dr Christian Jarrett (Research Digest Editor), Ella Rhodes (Journalist, The Psychologist) and Dr Jon Sutton (Managing Editor, The Psychologist).
Find out more about next year's event, to be held in Nottingham next April.
BPS Members can discuss this article
Already a member? Or Create an account
Not a member? Find out about becoming a member or subscriber